GAUS BATTERY CHARGER GBC12-48V50A
High Frequency Intelligent Multi Step Charger
GBC48V50A (GBC) is microprocessor device for charging and maintenance of industrial (traction) lead-acid batteries with nominal voltage of 12, 24, 36 and 48V with maximum charge current of 50A. It is developed as a consequence of need for small (light), easy for use, safe, reliable, and fully controllable and relatively cheep device for servicing and maintenance of industrial batteries. GBC is one-phase high frequency half-bridge constant voltage charger with current limit. That means that current reaches output voltage on connected battery, which is limited. After reaching desired voltage, that voltage level is maintaining constant and charge current drops as battery is charging. Multi step charging permits combining charge and pause periods with different current values. A GBC Maintenance operation is ideal for “poofer” connection of charger, battery and load (always keep battery in ready state, on constant voltage level with small current). GBC is made of three charging modules controlled by main microprocessor. Modules are fitted in common alum-steel box with central control unit, protection devices, and keyboard and display unit. Charge current (current limit) is selected as function of nominal battery capacity or in function of desired charging time and capacity. Also, charging voltage is settable as charging voltage per one cell (multiplies with 24 cells). Voltage, current, duration and capacity (Ah) are controlled and many precaution measures are implemented.
As device is microprocessor, with measuring current, voltage, duration, Ah, temperature of heat sink of semiconductor parts, it is possible to implement different algorithms. It is possible to change voltage and current limits, conditioning of charge characteristic, pausing, waiting for event (measuring Ah during charge), conditioning end of charging (duration, Ah...), connection with PC computer, analyse and printing charge graphs etc.
Energy circuit is made of input filter with high quality electrolytic capacitors (EPCOS-SIEMENS 105C), high-frequency transformer (ETD Siemens) and mosfet half-bridge (International Rectifier IR), ultra fast diodes, and inductance and PWM modulator. Working frequency is 30kHz.
Thanks to voltage limit, it is possible to charge without surveillance, because there is not over charge (over night or during weekend). As well, in a case of main power failure during charge, after it’s returning device automatically continues charging with parameters, which were previously set (before power failure). LCD display with 2x16 characters shows values of current, voltage, time, capacity, device status, warnings, alarms etc. There are more than 10 menus for setting the parameters of charging. Device is placed in red plasticified alum-steel box. Main switch, start (scroll) and stop (select) buttons, switch R/S (Ready/Set), led diodes, LCD display for indication and connector for communication with PC computer and indication lamps are placed on the devices front panel. Charge cables, power supply cable and holders for cables, automatic mono-phase fuse in output circuit and main fuse are on the back panel of device.
With software GCDTS v1.01 it is possible to connect device with PC computer via RS232 serial port. Software gives opportunity of showing charge and discharge graphs in real time, possibility of reading charge and discharge data in case that device wasn’t connected with PC, printing and storing the results, creating reports etc.
Gaus Battery Charger GBC48V50A has following protections:
- No sparks during connecting or disconnecting plugs from battery in charge operation;
- Forced temperature controlled air cooling;
- Control of a minimum of allowed connected battery voltage (forbidden start for voltages less than 10V);
- Temperature protection on heat-sink of semiconductor energy components;
- In case of main power failure, after its restoring, charging automatically continues with earlier set parameters;
- Slow automatic fuse T25A in AC circuit;
- Automatic slow fuse 63A in DC circuit;
- Soft start of PWM modulator;
- Soft start in charging input electrolytic capacitance;
- Short circuit protection (if detected current is more than 60A charger is automatically turned off);
- Over voltage protection (>72V);
- Protection from plugs (cables) falling during charge (freezing device until solving of problem);
- Reverse polarity protection with forbidden start.
- Type of voltage converter: mono-phase half-bridge high frequency DC-DC converter;
- For charging lead-acid batteries, industrial and stationary, hermetic, GEL...
- Supply 230V +/- 10%, 50Hz 4kW; output power 3000W;
- Nominal input current: 18A; maximal start current: 20A
- Instruments: LCD display 2x16 characters, ampermeter 0-99.9A, voltmeter 0-99.99V, temp 1 –99ºC do 99ºC
- Cables with Pb (Ms) plugs: l=2m, S=16mm2
- Ambient temperature: 5 do +40ºC
||0-50A Cn/10, settable: 3-50A, step 0.2A
||Lead-Acid 12V, 24V, 36V and 48V (4x12V); Cn from 33Ah to 500Ah, Sb-Sb, Sb-Ca, Ca-Ca, AGM, Gel
||IU, optionally IUa+ equalising, IU-Ia+ equalising, I-U1-U2
|Charge voltage range
||10-66V (permitted by software)
||Settable: 2.20-2.75V/Cell step 0.1V
Default: 2.4V/Cell, 2.47V, 2.57, 2.67V/Cell
||24V or 48V battery (12 or 24 cells in serial connection) from Cn=30Ah-500Ah
||Constant voltage charge, 2.30V/Cell x 6 x No Batteries in serial connection
|| from 2 to 4 steps, constant current, PAUSE operation with I=0A
||Better than 3%
||100mA and 100mV
|Output voltage pulsation
||MOSFET transistors, ultra fast diodes
||Constant voltage charger with current limit
||Current, voltage, capacity Ah, time
|LCD display during charge
||Status, current, voltage, duration, Ah, warnings, alarms…
||LCD display with 2x16 characters
||Main switch, start and stop buttons, switch Ready/Set, LED diodes
||Alum-Steel grey plasticified rack box RAL 3002 19” x 6HE x 400mm
||420x400 (510)x 280mm
GBC48V50A complies with the following requirements:
Options: Final version with charging parameters for specified battery, automatic start/stop operations, without menus for setting parameters…
- EN60335-1/194 (Safety of household and similar electrical appliances-Part 1: General requirements); SIST EN 60335-1, May 1998; JUS IEC 60335-1 1998. and
- EN60335-2-29 (Part 2: Particular requirements for battery chargers); JUS IEC 60335-2-29 year 2000.