GAUS CHARGER GC24V24A-PARS
High Frequency Intelligent Fast Charger
GC24V24A-PARS (GBC-PARS) is microprocessor device for charging, fast charging by PARS method, discharging and maintenance of starter and industrial (traction) lead-acid batteries with nominal voltage of 6V, 12V or 24V with maximum charge current of 24A. It is developed as a consequence of need for small (light), easy for use, safe, reliable, and fully controllable and relatively cheep device for servicing and maintenance of industrial batteries. GBC-PARS is one-phase high frequency half-bridge constant voltage charger with current limit. That means that current reaches output voltage on connected battery, which is limited. After reaching desired voltage, that voltage level is maintaining constant and charge current drops as battery is charging. Charge current (current limit) is selected as function of nominal battery capacity, or in function of desired charging time and capacity. Also, charging voltage is settable as charging voltage per one cell (multiplies with 3, 6 or 12 cells). Voltage, current, duration and capacity (Ah) are controlled and many precaution measures are implemented. Because of discharge capability, battery RESET operation is possible (constant current discharge, break voltage 1.75V/Cell, 5.25V, 10.5V or 21V). Also, GBC-PARS has MAINTENANCE operation (constant voltage charge 2.4V/Cell 7.2V, 14.4V or 28.8V).
As device is microprocessor, with measuring current, voltage, duration, Ah, temperature of heat sink of semiconductor parts, it is possible to implement different algorithms. It is possible to change voltage and current limits, conditioning of charge characteristic, pausing, waiting for event (measuring Ah during charge), conditioning end of charging (duration, Ah...), connection with PC computer, analyze and printing charge graphs etc.
Energy circuit is made of input filter with high quality electrolytic capacitors (EPCOS-SIEMENS 105C), high-frequency transformer (ETD Siemens) and mosfet half-bridge (International Rectifier IR), ultra fast diodes, and inductance and PWM modulator. Working frequency is 30kHz.
Thanks to voltage limit, it is possible to charge without surveillance, because there is not over charge (over night or during weekend). As well, in a case of main power failure during charge, after it’s returning device automatically continues charging with parameters, which were previously set (before power failure). LCD display with 2x16 characters shows values of current, voltage, time, capacity, device status, warnings, alarms etc. There are more than 10 menus for setting the parameters of charging. Device is placed in red plasticified steel box. Start (scroll) and stop (select) buttons, switch R/S (Ready/Set), led diodes, LCD display for indication and connector for communication with PC computer and indication lamps are placed on the devices front panel. Main switch, charge cables, power supply cable and holders for cables, automatic mono-phase fuse in output circuit and main fuse are on the back panel of device.
With software GCDTS v1.01 it is possible to connect device with PC computer via RS232 serial port. Software gives opportunity of showing charge and discharge graphs in real time, possibility of reading charge and discharge data in case that device wasn’t connected with PC, printing and storing the results, creating reports etc.
Gaus Charger GC24V24A-PARS has following protections:
- No sparks during connecting or disconnecting plugs from battery in charge operation;
- Forced air cooling;
- Control of a minimum of allowed connected battery voltage (forbidden start for voltages less than 0.5V/Cell);
- Temperature protection on heat-sink of semiconductor energy components;
- In case of main power failure, after its restoring, charging automatically continues with earlier set parameters;
- Slow fuse T8A 30 mm in AC circuit;
- slow fuse 30A in DC circuit;
- Soft start of PWM modulator;
- Soft start in charging input electrolytic capacitance;
- Short circuit protection (if detected current is more than 30A charger is automatically turned off);
- Over voltage protection (>36V);
- Protection from plugs (cables) falling during charge (freezing device until solving of problem);
- Reverse polarity protection with forbidden start.
- Type of voltage converter: mono-phase half-bridge high frequency DC-DC converter;
For charging lead-acid batteries, starter, industrial and stationary, hermetic, GEL...
- Supply 230V +/- 10%, 50Hz 1kW; output power 800W;
- Nominal input current: 5.5A; maximal start current: 7A
- Instruments: LCD display 2x16 characters, ampermeter 0-40.00A, voltmeter 0-40.00V, temp1 -99ºC do 99ºC
- Cables with Pb plugs: l=1.5m, S=6mm2
- Ambient temperature: 0 to +40ºC
||0-24A Cn/10, settable: 0.2-24A, step 0.1A
||Lead-Acid 6, 12, 24V (2x12V); Cn 33Ah - 240Ah, Sb-Sb, Sb-Ca, Ca-Ca, AGM, Gel
||IUa+ equalizing, IU, IU-Ia+ equalizing, I-U1-U2
|Charge voltage range
||2-33V (permitted by software)
||Settable: 2.20-2.75V/Cell step 0.1V Default: 2.4V/Cell, 2.47V, 2.57, 2.67V/Cell
||6V, 12V or 24V battery (3, 6 or 12 cells in serial connection) from Cn=30Ah-240Ah
||Better than 3%
||40mA and 40mV
|Output voltage pulsation
||MOSFET transistors, ultra fast diodes
||Constant voltage charger with current limit
||Current, voltage, capacity Ah, time
|LCD display during charge
||Status, current, voltage, duration, Ah, warnings, alarms…
||LCD display with 2x16 characters
||Main switch, start and stop buttons, switch Ready/Set, LED diodes
||I discharging=I charging/4, 1.75V/Cell (5.25V, 10.5V or 21V)
||U charging=2.4V/Cell, 7.2V, 14.4V or 28.8V
||Al-steel gray plasticified box
GBC24V24A-PARS complies with the following requirements:
Options: Final version with charging parameters for specified battery, automatic start/stop operations, without menus for setting parameters...
- EN60335-1/194 (Safety of household and similar electrical appliances-Part 1: General requirements); SIST EN 60335-1, May 1998; JUS IEC 60335-1 1998. and
- EN60335-2-29 (Part 2: Particular requirements for battery chargers); JUS IEC 60335-2-29 year 2000.