GAUS DISCHARGE TESTER PR48V100A-CD Continuous duty
PR100A48V (PR) is microprocessor device for capacity testing of stationary and industrial lead-acid batteries. Nominal voltage of testing batteries is 12, 24, 36, 40 and 48V and capacity up to 1000Ah for stationary (C10) or 500Ah for industrial batteries (C5). It is developed as a consequence of need for small, easy for use, safe, reliable and relatively cheep device for servicing and maintenance of industrial batteries. PR is dissipative unit with fine current regulation. It should be used for 10 hours capacity testing C-10 (I=Cn/10, 1.75V/Cell) or 5 hours capacity testing C-5 (I=Cn/5, 1.75V/Cell). Discharge current is selected as function of battery nominal capacity and sort of capacity test. Voltage, current, duration and capacity are controlled and many precaution measures are implemented. Measuring of battery voltage is differential with separate connectors. Current regulation is analog-digital 12bit, unit calculates Ah end elapsed test time.
Device is microprocessor, with measuring current, voltage, temperature of heat sink of rectifier diodes and energy transformer, so it is possible to implement different algorithms. It is possible to change voltage and current limits, conditioning of discharge characteristic, pausing, waiting for event (measuring Ah during charge), conditioning end of charging, connection with PC computer, analyze and printing discharge graphs etc. As well, in a case of main power failure during test, after it’s returning device automatically continues discharging with parameters which were previously set (before power failure). Discharging is dissipative with indication of current, voltage, elapsed time and dissipated capacity. LCD display with 2x16 characters shows values of current, voltage, time, capacity, warnings, wrong actions etc. Device is placed in grey 19inch Al-steel box. Main switch, start (scroll) and stop (select) buttons, switch R/S (Ready/Set), led diodes, LCD display for indication and connector for communication with PC computer are placed on the devices front panel. Discharge cables and connectors (de montage), power supply cable, fuse in AC circuit and holders for cables are on the back panel of device.
With software for PR48V100A it is possible to connect device with PC computer via RS232 serial port. Software gives opportunity of showing discharge graphs in real time, possibility of reading discharge data in case that device wasn’t connected with PC, printing and storing the results, creating reports etc.
Gaus Discharger PR100A48V-CD has following protections:
- No sparks during connecting or disconnecting plugs from battery in charge;
- Forced air cooling
- Control of a minimum of allowed connected battery voltage (forbidden start for voltages less than 6V)
- Short circuit protection (if detected current is more than 120A PR is automatically turned off)
- Over voltage protection (if connected voltage is more than 70V)
- Temperature protection on heat-sink of semiconductor energy components
- In case of main power failure, after its restoring, discharging automatically continues with earlier set parameters
- Slow fuse T1.6A 20mm in AC circuit
- Slow 160A fuse in DC circuit
- Protection from plugs (cables) falling during charge (freezing device until solving of problem)
- Reverse polarity protection with disabling start 100A contactor
- Type of voltage converter: dissipative transistor-resistor discharger with analog-digital current regulation (12bit D/A converter)
- Supply 230V +/- 10%, 50Hz 200W;
- Nominal input current: 1A
- Instruments: LCD display 2x16 characters, ampermeter 0-999,9A, voltmeter 0-99,99V
- Cables with Pb plugs: l=3m, S=25mm2
- Ambient temperature: 0 do +50ºC
||1-100A, Cn/10 (1000Ah), Cn/5 (500Ah), step 0.5A
||Un: 12V, 24V, 36V, 40V and 48V; Cn from 50Ah to 1000Ah
|Discharge voltage range
||from 9V to 58V until 1.75V/Cell (minimal 1.5V/Cell)
||Better than 3%
||200mA and 100mV (10-bit measuring resolution)
||Less than 0,5A for 6 and 12 cells, less than 1A for 18, 20 and 24 2V cells
||MOSFET switching transistors, power resistors
||Constant current discharger
||Current, voltage, capacity Ah, duration
||LCD display with 2x16 characters
||Main switch, START/STOP/RESET/SELECT, SCROLL UP and SCROLL DOWN buttons
||Al-Steel grey box 19inch x 6HE x 400mm
PR48V100A-CD complies with Directive 89/336/EEC-Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) and 2006/95/EC-Low voltage equipment (LVD).
Options: Software for PC...